The Ling Lab has two M.S. or Ph.D. positions available starting Fall 2021. This position is to conduct an experimental investigation of interactions between super-hydrophobic surface, turbulent flow, and marine microorganisms. The research will closely collaborate with material scientists and biologists, and aims to develop novel surfaces for applications in Ocean Engineering and Marine Transportation. The ideal candidate is expected to have a strong background in fluid mechanics and optical measurement technology. Experience in CAD drawing, Particle Imaging Velocimetry (PIV), and image analysis are preferred. Applicants with a master’s degree are preferable.
Interested individuals should send the following documents as one PDF file to Prof. Hangjian Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 15, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
- 1-page cover letter summarizing research experience and interests;
- A detailed CV (including GPA and publications);
- TOEFL (for international applicant) and GRE scores;
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Name and contact information of three references.